Amazing tours with locals
Day tours, with a local
Often called the “Paris of South America”, Buenos Aires looks just like a European city. The city’s large avenues, architecture, sidewalk cafes, traffic jams, and squares will definitely remind you of the old continent’s metropolises.
Nevertheless, like every city in the world, Buenos Aires has its own characteristics, and its culture continues to be one of the most attractive in the world. Indeed, who has never dreamed of discovering the legendary tango dance or of tasting incredible wines while eating a delicious ojo de bife steak?
If you’re fascinated by Argentina’s culture, you’re definitely going to want to join us on our Urban Adventures tours in Buenos Aires for an amazing and authentic local experience! Whether you want to be guided through tango history, taste the finest meat in the world, sample delicious local pastries, or discover a new district every day of your trip, we’ve got you covered.
Don’t hesitate - dare to live like a local!
Someone once said that "Tango is the Everest of dance. Impossible. Demanding. Intricate. And therefore irresistible". If Tango is Everest, then Sal Telmo is both Base Camp and the Summit. Experience the heat, passion, drama, secrets and sizzle of Tango on this Buenos Aires tour set to a tempo.more...
Gourmet Buenos Aires Food Adventure
from 1 review
From USD 89.00
Malbec! Empanadas! Dulce de Leche! If you don't know what these are you soon will on this Buenos Aires tour that will have food freaks and gourmet gluttons primed for piggery.more...
Malbec Trail of Palermo From USD 96.00
Think you know your Malbec? Become a bona fide expert in Argentine wine with a customized lesson and tasting session, led by a local connoisseur who truly knows the ways of the grape. Sneak away to a hidden wine cellar where you’ll get your wine 101 training underway — paired, of course, with some samples of that delicious drink (purely for research, of course!). Finish it all off with a coffee break at one of the coolest cafés in Buenos Aires.more...
El Teatro Colon
[ 01/01/2015 - 31/12/2015 ]
One of the best theatres in the world.Feria de San Telmo
Place: San Telmo (Plaza de Mayo) - [ 01/01/2015 - 31/12/2015 ]
The best street market in Buenos Aires each Sunday.Feria de la Recoleta
[ 01/01/2015 - 31/12/2015 ]
Local craft fair from Friday to Sunday.more events...
The origin of the name “Buenos Aires”
more... more stories...
23 Feb 2015 More unique food sampling would be better than the classic steak dinner.
Buenos Aires Urban Adventures helps unlock the secrets of Buenos Aires. Join us on one of our Buenos Aires tours to find out what makes the city tick and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions.
Feels like: 21°C
Scattered clouds. Mild.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.